AEAF Awards 2017
Entries are judged on technical skill and artistry in visual effects and animation, and their contribution to storytelling.Visual effects, animation, or both, should form a significant component within the projects submitted.Emphasis is on the practice and effectiveness of visual effects and animation, irrespective of tools, size of team and budget.
Entries must have been completed between 1 January 2016 and 30 June 2017.
1. Entries in Animation/VFX categories must use a substantial amount of visual effects and or animation in their post production.
2. Entries in all categories must have been made using digital media technology, ie image acquisition by video or digital camera, editing on NLE, and additional effects, compositing, animation, titles using computer hardware and software.
3.The panel of judges will choose finalists on artistic as well as craft merit. The winner in each category will be determined by the highest score, aggregated from the scores of all judges. The Festival Director will have the deciding vote in the case of a tie.
4. We confirm that you have granted The Australian Effects & Animation Festival the right to publicly exhibit your film and that The Australian Effects & Animation Festivawill take all care but no responsibility for your film while in the possession of the Festival. We also confirm that if accepted into the festival, you grantThe Australian Effects & Animation Festiva the right to publicly promote your film in all festival promotional materials, as appropriate.
5. Please ensure you have submitted:
a) Completed entry form.
c) DVDs (PAL , NTSC format, Region Code 0 thru 4) Please supply all files 16:9 (as this is the format they will be shown in). The Awards reel will be displayed on Blu-ray. The preferred format is 1920 x 1080 50i.. Or SUBMIT VIDEO
6. The Entrant warrants to The Australian Effects & Animation Festival that the film does not infringe on any rights, including copyright and third party, and that the Entrant has obtained all necessary releases and permissions to enter the film.
Entries can only be entered in one year in each category.